Medicine and Me: Living with nerve tumours
Hear from people living with nerve tumours and clinicians as we review and discuss current approaches to diagnosis and treatment, in the light of advances in molecular biology and imaging.
What will you learn?
By attending this meeting exploring living with nerve tumours, you will have the opportunity to:
- Understand the epidemiology, biology and genetics of Nerve Tumours – neurofibromatosis I (NF1) and neurofibromatosis 2 (NF2)
- Appreciate the impact of living with NF1 and NF2 nerve tumours first-hand from patients
- Learn about the recognition of malignant transformation (NF1)
- Discover the management of NF2 nerve tumours
- Explore today’s treatments
- Understand the management and support for people with nerve tumours
Professor Rosalie Ferner
NF2: Vestibular schwannoma and meningioma
Professor Gareth Evans and Raji Anup CNS Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust
Richard Goode and Alex Hetherington
NF2: Impact of living with nerve tumours: Birth to old age a patient perspective
About Medicine and Me
Medicine and Me meetings aim to provide an outline of current best practice and future updates of important conditions and to give direct voice to patients and their carers and enable them to discuss their concerns and reflections on the impact of diagnosis, investigation and management.
Physicians and surgeons and indeed all healthcare professionals continue to learn from and be inspired to greater efforts to improve care by hearing directly from patients.
Join in the conversation online
Follow us on Twitter: @RoySocMed
|RSM Fellow||RSM Associate||RSM Retired Fellow||RSM Trainee||RSM Student|